Connect with us

Sports

PM Narendra Modi extended lockdown till May 3, questions raised again on IPL-13 event

Published

on

PM Narendra Modi extended lockdown till May 3, questions raised again on IPL-13 event

PM Narendra Modi extended lockdown till May 3, questions raised again on IPL-13 event

Highlights

  • Prime Minister Modi decided to extend lockdown across the country by 3 May as a defense against Kovid-19
  • IPL may not be possible in May even after nationwide lockdown extended to next month
  • Cricket lovers are asking questions on social media, what will happen to IPL-13 now
  • Bringing spectators to the stadium or organizing it due to corona virus is not free from danger

new Delhi

Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday decided to extend the lockdown across the country till May 3, after which questions began to arise in the minds of cricket lovers as to what will happen to the Indian Premier League (IPL). The IPL was postponed till 15 April after consultations with the organizers and franchisees, but now the country is under lockdown till 3 May, so the 13th edition of the IPL was also questioned.

After the nationwide lockdown is extended to next month, is it not possible to have IPL in May also this month. The 13th edition of the IPL was scheduled to begin on March 29 but was postponed due to the growing outbreak of Kovid-19. Now cricket lovers are asking questions on social media, what will happen to IPL now?

Read, IPL joins Dalai Lama, special moment in life: Hayden

After it was postponed to 15 April, it was believed that if the situation improves, it could be done in April-May, but the number of people infected with the corona virus is increasing continuously in the country. In such a situation, bringing spectators to the stadium or organizing it does not appear to be empty of danger.

The government is already appealing to maintain social distancing. At the same time, some states had already increased the lockdown. Things are very bad in big cities like Mumbai, Delhi at the moment.

Read, Vice President’s resignation from Ganguly’s BCCI team

The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) treasurer Arun Dhumal had earlier said that at present the board is not in a position to take a decision on the future of IPL. He said on replacing the prestigious league with the ICC T20 World Cup in October-November, “It is too early to say anything about it now.”

He had said that a decision can be taken only after reviewing the current situation only after a decision from the government. He also clarified that BCCI officials are in constant touch. Not only IPL, a lot of administrative and legal work also remains.

There is also speculation that the IPL may take place in October-November. Dhumal said, ‘Tell me one thing. If Australia has a lockdown for six months, how will they allow their players to come next month? What will happen if restrictions continue on the trip. It should not be forgotten that consent will have to be taken from the rest of the board as well.

He said, ‘Even if the lockdown ends in India, some big cities remain Kovid-19 hotspots, so will we risk the lives of our players. Then how will the players play without practice for months. ‘

Former professional golfer ‘Peacock of the Fairways’ Doug Sanders passes away

Source link

Sports

There will be a lot of disappointment if Indian team does not tour Australia: Labushane

Published

on

There will be a lot of disappointment if Indian team does not tour Australia: Labushane
There will be a lot of disappointment if Indian team does not tour Australia: Labushane
 

Sydney

Australian batsman Marnus Labushane said on Monday that it would be ‘very disappointing’ for him and his team if the Indian team does not tour Australia due to the Kovid-19 epidemic.

The Indian team’s Australia tour will begin with the T20 World Cup in October. It will conclude with a four-match Test series that starts in December.

However, due to Corona virus infection, the situation is still not clear about this attack. There is uncertainty about how to control the epidemic, to deal with which travel restrictions are currently in place in Australia and India.

“This will mean that we will not be able to play cricket which would be very damaging for me, the team and Australia,” Labushane said in response to a question asked at an online press conference.

There is also a T20 World Cup starting from October 18 in the middle of the Indian tour, but due to this global epidemic, its future is also in the balance. In Australia, however, the number of people affected by the nationwide lockdown Kovid-19 has decreased. Only 6,800 people have been affected in the country out of which around 100 have died.

He praised the health workers of the country and said, “Hopefully, with their good works we will be able to host India.” The Indian team can come here after three-four or four-five months. ”The twenty-five-year-old batsman said,“ Everything is changing so fast that it is difficult to imagine anything. Hopefully things will be right. ‘

Scott McLaughlin also won the second virtual race


Source link

Continue Reading

Sports

Virat, Stokes, seen on ICC’s Star Wars Day video

Published

on

Virat, Stokes, seen on ICC's Star Wars Day video
Virat, Stokes, seen on ICC's Star Wars Day video

 

Highlights

 

  • Fans of this science star franchise celebrate May 4 as ‘Star Wars Day’
  • In the video, the bats of the cricketers are shown as Light Sabers (Khas Talwar).
  • The video featured excellent shots of Jose Butler, Niroshan Dickwella, Virat Kohli and Chris Gayle
  • Thailand’s women’s team player Natakan Chantham was eyeing the best cover drive

new Delhi

Fans of the Science-Star franchise celebrate May 4 as ‘Star Wars Day’ and on this occasion, the ICC has shared a video. In this video, some batsmen including Team India captain Virat Kohli, England’s Ben Ben Stokes are seen hitting the fours, but his bat is shown as Light Saber (special sword).

The ICC wrote in its caption, ‘All fours should be yours.’ The video features everything from great scoop shots of Jose Butler and Niroshan Dickwella to the finest upper-cuts of Virat Kohli and Chris Gayle.

See, Azhar is doing gym even at the age of 57

The video begins with a moving shot against Wahab Riaz from England’s Jos Buttler stump against Pakistan in the 2019 World Cup. Then Virat Kohli is seen playing a brilliant upper cut against Oshen Thomas of the West Indies.

After this, Thailand’s women’s team player Natkan Chantham puts on a great cover drive. Then comes Fakhar Zaman’s sweep shot against Ravichandran Ashwin in the 2017 Champions Trophy match which he scored during his first ODI century in the final.

Scott McLaughlin also won the second virtual race

 

Source link

Continue Reading

Sports

We had robbed Indian spinners during the 1978-79 tour: Javed Miandad

Published

on

We had robbed Indian spinners during the 1978-79 tour: Javed Miandad
We had robbed Indian spinners during the 1978-79 tour: Javed Miandad

 

Highlights

 

  • Team India was on a tour of Pakistan with its world famous spin trio in 1978-79
  • Then Bishan Singh Bedi, Bhagwat Chandrasekhar and E. Prasanna used to speak in the world
  • But Indian spin bowling did not work on this tour, Pak batsmen scored plenty of runs
  • In that series, Javed Miandad and Zaheer Abbas made quick runs

new Delhi

Former Pakistani cricket team captain Javed Miandad recalled the three-match Test series of 1978–79 when he and Zaheer Abbas scored fiercely against the Indian spin attack – Bishan Singh Bedi, Bhagwat Chandrasekhar and Erapalli Prasanna. Were. Then this spin of Bharti spoke the world of Trimurti and then the duo of Miandad and Abbas took the news of these world famous bowlers.

In this series, Miandad and Abbas batted brilliantly against India’s famous spin attack. Pakistan had named this series 2–0. Miandad said on his YouTube channel, ‘Chandrasekhar, Bedi, Prasanna … it was India’s strength. His spinners were his strongest link. He did well around the world. But when he came to Pakistan, he did not get any success. Our players scored a lot of runs on them.

Avoid this virus even more deadly than Kovid: Virat Kohli

Miandad recalled the first Test match of the series played in Faisalabad, saying that Abbas and he batted aggressively against the Indian spinners. Miandad said, ‘I remember that Chandrashekhar was troubling Zaheer Bhai. He then told me, ‘Javed please handle it for me.’ I said yes Meanwhile, at the other end, Zaheer was scoring a lot of runs on Bhai Bedi Sahab and Prasanna.

Miandad said, ‘After this I said,’ Zaheer brother let me make some runs too. I can also go ahead and play against them. I’m stuck here. I will not take a single off the last ball. Then Miandad (154) and Abbas (176) scored big centuries and the match was a draw.

At the same time in the second Test in Lahore, there was no relief for the Indian spinners and Abbas hit a magnificent double century. And Pakistan won the second Test by 8 wickets.

The third and last Test match was played in Karachi. Here Miandad hit a century and India lost in this Test series. Pakistan won the series 2–0. Chandrasekhar took 8 wickets in this series at an average of 48.12 while Bedi got six wickets at an average of 74.83. Prasanna got just 2 wickets in the entire series and averaged 125.50.

Scott McLaughlin also won the second virtual race


Source link

Continue Reading

Related Post

Trending